Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trying out Almay Intense I-Color

I bought some new makeup.  It doesn't happen very often but my mascara was just gloppy and I was tired of putting it on and then using a cotton round to wipe off the glops.



Almay had this stuff at Walmart and I was intrigued.  I know that my favorite make-up advisor (my sister-in-law) has always said that I should be wearing a shade of brown in mascara and liner rather than black.  But when I tried brown in the past I couldn't tell any difference.  With the Almay stuff - I can really tell a difference!  I tried to get a photo before I backed out of the driveway.  It's the Almay Intense I-Color eyeliner and mascara for blue eyes. 

This is also Revlon ColorStay foundation - a new one for me.  I have been using Estee Lauder for a couple of years but its a pain to go get it at the huge mall in Topeka.  So I thought I would give Revlon another try to see if they have improved.

The earrings were bobbles in the bottom of my bead box.  I think they were part of a hair scrunchie a long time ago.  I don't know why I never attached them to earring hooks but now I have and I wear them alot because they are mixed metals.

 And one parting photo - Netflix should be paying me for this one! But it shows that my Aura Jeans by the Women at Wrangler fit where they need to be fitting!  Strawberry-shaped women - we have a winner!

Jeans:  Aura by Wrangler
Sweater:  Cashmere from Kohls, Christmas present from my mom
Bag:  Cordovan color leather, thrifted from an antique store in Emporia for $3
Keychain:  Big brass ring I have had since the late 1970's
Bracelets:  Gold Bangle that says mother in many languages, Avon, Mother's Day gift from my mom years ago.  Button bracelet made out of all the extra buttons I get from clothes - put onto stretch cord.
Movie:  It's Complicated with Meryl Streep.  (Didn't like it.  I was embarrassed that people who watched it might think that Meryl's character was a good representation of baby-boomer women.  Do we really want to portrayed so self-absorbed and childish?  God knows, I know plenty that fit the description and they are difficult to deal with especially in office situations.  And what was up with those adult children who sulked around acting like junior high kids?  Did they have jobs and purposes in life besides attending mommy's various dilemmas?  Spoiled rotten just came to mind over and over, the parents, the kids.  Then for Meryl's character not to emphasize with the hurt she was causing the new wife.  Maybe I just didn't get it at all!)

No comments: