Saturday, March 26, 2011

Upcycling Vintage Dresses

I purchased my first inventory this week!  I would love to hear from you about ideas!

I see beautiful, unique dresses and blouses frequently at thrift shops in my area.  They are passed over by the general population.  I marvel at their unique fabrics, prints and designs.  Most of them are American made and in excellent condition.  They just need a little tailoring to update them for the 21st century.  I can see unique upcycling possibilities with each one!  But, I have been holding back because I don't really wear much of that style myself.  No more holding back! 

The wardrobe blogging community has shown me what younger women are looking for when they shop vintage.  This has given me the confidence to move forward with my upcycling venture.  Just finding my passion in this field has freed up life energy for the work.  I look forward to showing you my creations soon!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Thank you for your comment! Your slippery slope to frumpiness series is fascinating reading... I enjoyed the first three instalments very much! You write so well.